Error for EndNote Online Search - "Host refused connection"
If you receive this error, you need to update your EndNote connection file:
- Download the connection file at http://endnote.com/downloads/connection/university-iowa
- Double-click on the downloaded connection file, and it will open in EndNote.
- Click on File> Save As and save the connection file.
- Go to the online search mode in EndNote and click on "more" under the list of connection files on the left panel.
- From the list, browse and select the new connection file you have just saved.
Note: EndNote support has said that currently it is not possible to automatically retrieve the updated content file (connection file/output style/Filter) from within the program. The latest file has to be downloaded and installed separately. The same procedure applies to all type of content files like Output styles, Connection file and Import filters.