Q. How can I get a library card?
One of 4 types of identification is required to check out material from the UI Libraries. Your card must be currently valid.
University Issued Faculty, Staff, and Student Cards:
- A University of IowaOne ID Card.
- This can be obtained by visiting the Iowa One Card Center in 3 Jessup Hall for more reading visit their website.
- A University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics (UIHC) Badge.
- This card is only available to those who have a work, educational, or volunteer assignment in the UI Hospitals and Clinics.
- The Badge Request Form must be completed and can be obtained from the departmental HR representative. More information found on the UI Health Care Badge website.
Library Issued Cards:
- A Borrower's Permit
- The can be obtained by visiting the Engineering Circulation Desk or the Main Library Service Desk or by filling out the online form.
- A Proxy Card
- Faculty members may authorize graduate assistants or other staff members to check out materials for them authorization has to be made via this Authorization Form.
For a full explanation of each type of card is please visit: Library Cards