Q. How do I access library resources remotely?
During this time, users can access resources by following these instructions:
- UI faculty and staff can prepare by setting up off-campus access to work computers. Follow this checklist for working off campus.
- All users with a HawkID can access the following e-resources: e-books, online articles, streaming videos, and e-images. It may be necessary to follow these instructions for making links work from off campus.
- All users with a HawkID can still request online delivery of print articles and print book chapters through the Article Delivery Service if access through HathiTrust is not available.
- Physical books can be shipped to library users with a HawkID.
- Interlibrary borrowing is affected by library closures and other efforts to mitigate the COVID-19 virus. Physical delivery of books/items through Interlibrary Loan will be delayed or cancelled. Electronic delivery will be substituted when an online version is available. If you have questions, please contact your library liaison, who can help you get access to the items you need in this rapidly changing situation.
- For short consultations, use the Libraries’ online chat at http://www.lib.uiowa.edu/contact/chat, which is staffed from 9:00 am through 5:00 pm Mon – Fri.
- For complex research assistance, call or email the appropriate campus library. You can also send a direct email to the library liaison who works with your academic field of study.
Was this helpful? 0 0