Where can I find time series data for stock market indices?
Search Global Financial Data (GFD). Users must authenticate with their HawkID, then log in to GFD.
Use Eikon with Datastream, available on select computers in the Business library.
Use Morningstar Direct, available on select computers in the Business Library.
Go to Factiva.
- Go to Companies/Markets in the top toolbar, then click Quotes.
- Next, use the Select Instrument drop-down to choose Common Market Indexes.
Use Bloomberg, available on select computers in the Business Library, or virtually.
- Type WEI <GO> to access World Equity Indices
- Select index of interest
- Type frequently used shortcuts and hit <GO>:
- HP for historical price table with volume
- GP for graph of historical prices
- GPA for graph of historical average prices
- Use amber fields to modify the display; e.g., start/end date, period, currency, and the market.
- For a ranking of equity indexes by returns, type WEIS <GO>
- For additional functions, hit the yellow <INDEX> to access the main Index menu.