How can I find endowments for U.S. universities and colleges?
Use Bloomberg, available on select computers in the Business Library.
- Type PELP and hit the green <GO> key to run a Limited Partners Browse.
- Then, from the Entity Type menu, select University Endowment.
- You will see a list of more than 600 universities and their endowments. You can click on any university name in the list to obtain additional data, including 10 years of financial statements and Form-990 reports.
- Under other "Entity Types" you may choose: Public Pension Funds, Hospitals, Government Pensions, Fund of Funds, and Foundations.
Also see the National Association of College and University Business Officers 2021 NACUBO-TIAA Study of Endowments.
For current news on endowments consult the Chronicle of Higher Education:
- Under Search within this publication type "endowments".