Q. How can I get a library card?

One of 4 types of identification is required to check out material from the UI Libraries. Your card must be currently valid.

University Issued Faculty, Staff, and Student Cards:

  • A University of IowaOne ID Card.
    • This can be obtained by visiting the Iowa One Card Center in 3 Jessup Hall for more reading visit their website.
  • A University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics (UIHC) Badge.
    • This card is only available to those who have a work, educational, or volunteer assignment in the UI Hospitals and Clinics.
    • The Badge Request Form must be completed and can be obtained from the departmental HR representative. More information found on the UI Health Care Badge website.

Library Issued Cards:

  • A Borrower's Permit
    • The can be obtained by visiting the Engineering Circulation Desk or the Main Library Service Desk or by filling out the online form.
  • A Proxy Card
    • Faculty members may authorize graduate assistants or other staff members to check out materials for them authorization has to be made via this Authorization Form.

For a full explanation of each type of card is please visit: Library Cards



  • Last Updated Jul 07, 2017
  • Views 31
  • Answered By James Cox

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0   0