If I am unable to visit in person, may I request scans or photocopies of materials?


If you are unable to visit the University of Iowa Libraries Special Collections & Archives, you have the option to hire a local researcher or an independent researcher to complete research or digital scans on your behalf. Hiring an independent researcher may be suggested to patrons who have research needs that Special Collections & Archives staff are unable to fulfill due to staffing limitations.

To get started with hiring an independent researcher, please consult our Hiring an Independent Researcher page, then reach out to Special Collections staff at lib-spec@uiowa.edu, who will provide you with a list of local independent researchers.

  • Last Updated Jan 26, 2024
  • Views 1
  • Answered By Lindsay Moen

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0 0