Answered By: Cathy Cranston Last Updated: Apr 28, 2020 Views: 250
Yes, you may request that we mail items to your home or office by using the following steps, but please consider a few things first.
- It will be quicker and easier for you to request a pdf scan of a chapter of the book.
- Requesting a book by mail will take a while because we currently have only two days each week when items are sent.
- Home delivery was set up with the hope that it would be used for teaching and research needs and only when a portion of the entire work does not meet your needs.
- Physical books are not available from the Law Library.
- For on-campus mail, only a select group of buildings are being delivered to at the moment. See the list below.
If you want to make a request to have a book mailed to your home or office, do the following:
- Search InfoHawk+ and find the book.
- Sign-in using your HawkID or Community Borrower credentials.
You'll find several places where you can sign in, including:
The top-right side of InfoHawk+
Above the search results
Click on the title to see the detailed record for the book
- When looking at the detailed record of the book, select "Request Physical Item."
(Remember, for faster delivery, you can "Request PDF of Book Chapter." If you choose that option, you'll be routed to our InterLibrary Loan / Document Delivery system.)
- Fill in your address and click "Request."
UI Campus Mail is delivering to only these buildings during this time:
- Main Hospital, Pharmacy, and Offsite Clinics
- Blank Honors Center
- Boyd Law Building
- College of Public Health
- Grant Accounting Office
- Health Care Support Services
- Iowa River Landing
- Jessup Hall
- Kuhl House (Iowa Press)
- Lindquist Center
- Med Labs/Bowen Science
- Mother’s Milk Bank
- Pappajohn Business Building
- Plaza Centre One (Accounts Payable)
- State Hygienic Lab
- University Services Building