Answered By: Librarian at Main Library Last Updated: Jan 26, 2024 Views: 15
The Perch is a new periodicals area where you are welcome to browse our curated collection of newspapers, magazines, and literary journals. It is located just across from the new books on the first floor of the Main Library and it is adjacent to the reference area.
You may be looking for The Perch if you:
- want to browse popular sources that cover current events - it's a perfect spot to get inspired to pick a topic for a research paper or project!
- have a class scheduled to meet there.
- are doing a library scavenger hunt activity.
- found something in InfoHawk+ that shows the location of the item at The Perch (scroll down to see an example).
- were told to come to this area by a professor who has assigned you to explore the current conversations happening in the news
If you aren't able to go in person, use The Perch Guide to explore online access to the titles available in The Perch. Check the News & Reviews, Magazine, and Literature tabs to find links to our database access to these materials (going back decades in some cases) and links to their free online website versions. Note that if you try to use the publication's website, you may run into a paywall, so you'll need to use our databases to get the whole article. Just ask a librarian if you need any help with that!)